Hotels today are evolving at a rapid rate, and with the recent pandemic, they are forced to evolve even further to keep their guests happy and, most importantly, safe. Today we will discuss the benefits of self-check-in kiosks and their impact on hotels.
What is a self-check-in kiosk?
A self-check-in kiosk is a kiosk that allows guests to expedite more routine tasks like booking, check-ins, checkouts, and room service requests. Guests simply use the electronic kiosk which will ping or notify the hotel staff. Ultimately this is beneficial for both the guest and the staff as it allows the hotel to cater to exactly what the guest needs without wasting resources.
Why are self-check-in kiosks in hotels important?
With the current state of the world, safety is of paramount importance. That is why contactless service is growing increasingly in value. Features like self-check-in kiosks and apps allow guests to book, check-in, check-out, and request services without the need to visit the front desk, thus, keeping interactions to a minimum. Beyond COVID, these kiosks are still highly valuable as it allows guests to request services with no hassle, and hotel staff can quickly identify which tasks require their attention.
Examples of kiosks in hotels:
Many hotels are starting to implement self-check-in kiosks. These machines are relatively inexpensive and help guests book, check-in, and check-out through a hassle-free interface that is easy to follow.
- Self-check-in/out-Self check-in and check-out kiosks allow guests to check-in and check-out from the hotel. This is valuable when a hotel is particularly busy as it gives guests the freedom to check-in and check-out on their own time, which is mutually beneficial for both the guest and the staff. Room service and other services can be requested through these kiosks, which provides a useful way for the hotel staff to cater to a guest’s needs much quicker than the traditional method.
- Contactless temperature checking kiosks- Contactless temperature checking kiosks are becoming much more prevalent in the wake of the pandemic. These kiosks read an individual’s temperature and will sound an alarm when an irregularity is found in that person’s temperature. These kiosks are crucial for helping people understand their physical health as not everyone is aware of their health status in this day and age. For the hotel staff and other guests’ safety and health, these kiosks are crucial for keeping a place of business safe.
How hotels can benefit from self-check-in kiosks:
Hotels can benefit greatly from self-check-in kiosks. They help to cater to a guest’s needs, reduce the price of overhead, and help to keep everyone safe with their contactless interactions.
- Reduce guest wait time-Hotels are typically busy with guest check-ins, check-outs, and room service requests. Self-check-in kiosks help alleviate the pressure on the front desk lines by providing many of these services. Having the kiosk handle many of the routine tasks frees up the front desk to handle more critical concerns.
- Reduce overhead-Kiosks reduce overhead as they can handle more routine tasks. This ultimately means that the hotel staff can handle more pertinent tasks instead. Aside from the initial investment, kiosks provide a very cost-effective solution.
- Contactless during COVID-19-With the current state of COVID-19, it is paramount that contact is limited from person to person. Kiosks help by providing an interface that does not require physical contact, thus keeping your guests and staff safe and healthy.
- Opportunity to up sell-Kiosks provide a great platform to upsell your other services. Guests are generally more comfortable purchasing additional amenities when asked on their terms. Kiosks provide a great way to make guests feel comfortable all while still allowing the hotel to make a profit.
- Creating more meaningful interactions with guests-Since kiosks provides great convenience for the guest; your hotel will be seen in a much more positive light. Kiosks can help cater to a guest’s individual needs much easier and create more meaningful interactions with all your guests. Kiosks also save a lot of time for many people and since they are so easy to use, you can expect a large volume of repeat guests
Why REDYREF self-check-in kiosks for hotels
When it comes to choosing the right kiosk manufacturer for your hotel, you need to look at experience and quality. You need a manufacturer that understands the needs of your hotel and your guests. REDYREF is a leader in the kiosk and digital signage manufacturing and one of the most trusted names in the industry. Their staff will kindly sit down with you to help you find a kiosk that is the right fit for your needs, and most importantly, their experience means that you will have a quality product that will last the test of time.
Self-check-in kiosks are a valuable part of any hotel today. In these uncertain times, their value cannot be understated as they allow a hotel to operate in safety, providing guests with convenience, efficiency, and peace of mind.